By Betsy Galchutt, Entertainment Reporter
VH1’s Do Something Awards will take place on Wednesday, July 31 and will be hosted by the lovely Sophia Bush!
Celebrity presenters will include Malin Akerman, Lucy Hale, Cynthia Nixon, Russell Simmons, Aisha Tyler and VH1′s Jason Dundas.
This year’s celebration will honor Patrick Dempsey, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jennifer Hudson, LL Cool J, and Kelly Osbourne for their works toward social change, as well as one young “do-er” for their efforts to shine on a light on important issues facing the world today.
The five “do-er” nominees include:
- Sasha Fisher (Spark MicroGrants)
- Daniel Maree (Million Hoodies Movement for Justice)
- Jillian Mourning (All We Want is LOVE – Liberation of Victims Everywhere)
- Lorella Praeli (United We Dream)
- Ben Simon (Food Recovery Network)
For the first time ever, viewers can vote for their favorite Do Something nominee via text.
- To vote for Sasha text “SASHA” to 38383
- To vote for Daniel text “DAN” to 38383
- To vote for Jillian text “JILLIAN” to 38383
- To vote for Lorella text “LORELLA” to 38383
- To vote for Ben text “BEN” to 38383
We love teens. They are creative, active, wired…and frustrated that our world is so messed up. DoSomething.org harnesses that awesome energy and unleashes it on causes teens care about. Almost every week, we launch a new national campaign. The call to action is always something that has a real impact and doesn’t require money, an adult, or a car. With a goal of 5 million active members by 2015, DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the US for teens and social change. Join us at www.DoSomething.org.
For more information about the show, visit DoSomething.VH1.com.
“Like” VH1 and Do Something on Facebook and follow @VH1, @dosomething, @SophiaBush on Twitter and use the hashtag #DSAwards to talk about the show.
PS. We will be on the Red Carpet getting the Video Interviews YOU want to see!
Get the Story from the Red Carpet Report Team – follow us on Twitter and Facebook at: