We were invited to chat with Disney’s next BIG star – Kiara Muhammad who voices the starring role of Doc in the new animated series “Doc McStuffins” on Disney Junior. We love the concept of this new series because every child wants to talk to animals and even more help them. Doc McStuffins is a six-year-old girl who communicates with and heals stuffed animals and broken toys out of her backyard playhouse clinic.
What’s even better – in the story are little tips like getting rid of salami breath by brushing your teeth. Lots of fun and we think your kids will love her!
About Doc McStuffins Actor
We started out asking a few questions to find out more about Kiara, the newest star on Disney Junior because our kids wanted to know more about how she has gotten to where she is today.
- How did you get started? Kiara lived in Boston growing up and her parents saw her creative side and wanted to nurture it. They started with photo shoots for Reebok and moved to NY when more opportunities came up and finally moved to California for some commercial work.
- Her favorite project prior to Doc McStuffins? Her Yoplait Commercial.
- Was this your dream? When she lived in NY – she saw the Kids Choice awards and she told her parents that’s where she wanted to be on the red carpet and to be famous.
- What’s your favorite part about Doc McStuffins? Chili sings the funniest songs
- What’s the hardest part? Monday and Tuesday – after school she has lots of homework to keep up on.
- What would you like your fans to know about you? That she considers herself a kind person and is nice and will always be a good friend. Most importantly she hopes that you will tune into her show “Doc McStuffins.”
More about Kiara
13-year-old Kiara Muhammad voices the title role of Doc McStuffins, a six-year-old girl who runs and operates a clinic for broken toys and worn out stuffed animals from her backyard playhouse, in Disney Junior’s new animated series “Doc McStuffins.”
Originally from Boston, Massachusetts, Muhammad and her family relocated to New York City when she was seven-years-old. After landing the lead role of Fern in her school’s production of “Charlotte’s Web,” Muhammad’s parents enrolled her in acting classes and then moved to Los Angeles so Muhammad could pursue an acting career.
After auditioning for TV and film projects for only a few short months, Muhammad landed a guest-starring role on the hit Disney Channel series “Hannah Montana,” followed by a supporting role in the Disney Channel Original Movie “Den Brother,” before landing the lead role as the voice of Doc in “Doc McStuffins.”
Muhammad’s other television credits include co-starring roles on hit series “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” “Mike & Molly” and “Hart of Dixie.” She has also been featured in multiple national commercials and several print campaigns for Ebony and Reebok.
In addition to her love of acting, Muhammad is a singer and dancer, who recently began recording her first album. Muhammad is an honor roll student and enjoys tennis, basketball and bowling, as well as staying on top of the latest fashion trends.
About the show
Don’t miss this new series!
You can even watch full episodes online here: http://www.DisneyJunior.com/Doc
“Doc McStuffins” premieres Friday, March 23 (10:00-11:00 a.m., ET/PT) on the new Disney Junior Channel.