This looks like an awesome “feel good” movie… starring Hugh Jackman, who’s awesome and Dakota Goyo, who plays his son. “Real Steel” is an action drama about a former boxer who was#2 in the world who, against all odds, gets one last shot at a comeback when he teams up with his estranged son to build and train the perfect contender for the new high-tech sport of robot boxing.
“Real Steel” from DreamWorks and is directed by Shawn Levy who also directed the “Night at the Museum” movies and “Date Night.”
Here’s a sneak peek at the movie coming out October 7th 2011.
If you’re not gonna mark this on your calendar… you can follow on social networks:
- Website and Mobile site: www.steelgetsreal.com
- Like Real Steel on Facebook: facebook.com/realsteelmovie
- Follow Real Steel on Twitter: twitter.com/realsteelmovie
Synopsis: A gritty, white-knuckle, action ride set in the near-future where the sport of boxing has gone high-tech, “Real Steel” stars Hugh Jackman as Charlie Kenton, a washed-up fighter who lost his chance at a title when 2000-pound, 8-foot-tall steel robots took over the ring. Now nothing but a small-time promoter, Charlie earns just enough money piecing together low-end bots from scrap metal to get from one underground boxing venue to the next. When Charlie hits rock bottom, he reluctantly teams up with his estranged son Max (Dakota Goyo) to build and train a championship contender. As the stakes in the brutal, no-holds-barred arena are raised, Charlie and Max, against all odds, get one last shot at a comeback.
- Cast: Hugh Jackman, Evangeline Lilly, Dakota Goyo, Anthony Mackie, Kevin Durand
- Director: Shawn Levy
- Producers: Don Murphy, Susan Montford, Shawn Levy
- Executive Producers: Jack Rapke, Robert Zemeckis, Steve Starkey, Mary McLaglen, Josh McLaglen
- Screenplay by: John Gatins
- Story by: Dan Gilroy and Jeremy Leven
Based on the short Story “Steel” by: Richard Matheson