As you may know Mingle Media TV Network celebrated their 1st year anniversary on February 8th 2011 and over the past 12 months has covered industry events from the Daytime Emmy’s (where one of our web show hosts won her 3rd National Emmy) to numerous film festivals, award shows, celebrity fundraisers, web series launches and gifting suites from Oscars to Golden Globes to Saturn Awards. This year we’re excited to announce our coverage as officially credentialed media for the proper red carpet at the Kodak Theatre.
Some fun facts about the Academy Awards Press / Media:
- Number of press organizations requesting credentials for 83rd Academy Awards >>>> 704
- Total number of press credentials requested for the 83rd Academy Awards >>>> 5,005
- Number of outlets issued credentials for the 82nd Academy Awards >>> 283
- Total number press credentials issued for the 82nd Academy Awards (including technical personnel) >>> 1,920
- Number of still photographers on the red carpet for the 82nd Academy Awards >>> 89
- Number of TV press on the red carpet for the 82nd Academy Awards, including camera operators, audio technicians and other crew >>> 293
- Number of print reporters on the red carpet for the 82nd Academy Awards >>> 123
This year MMTVN was granted credentials for the Oscars and it started with the Nominee announcement in the wee early hours on January 25th. We’re excited to have Kristyn Burtt, well-known for her show ‘The Web Files’ and producer/videographer JD Piche as team MMTVN for the Oscars. Both JD and Kristyn have covered lots of red carpets together and make a great team.
Here’s Kristyn and JD behind the scene’s – you can tell the next stop was going to be their beds after having a 3 AM call time:
What’s even more exciting is that our team’s coverage has been picked up by the Oscar’s! Kristyn’s blog – the Red Carpet Closet was featured on the Oscar’s Facebook Page – she captured the event from start to finish of the Nominee Luncheon! http://redcarpetcloset.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-would-like-to-thank-a…
What’s even more exciting is that Kristyn and JD are being treated like celebrities and getting outfitted by designers for Oscar’s week. Kristyn is being outfitted by Chagoury Couture where A-listers go for red carpet dresses (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HQP7K2mVXs) and JD is getting fitted for a Tuxedo by a locally owned formal wear outfitter: Elite Tuxedo in Westwood.
Starting next week, Kristyn and JD will be covering Oscar events such as the preview of the Governor’s Ball, The Food and Beverage Preview, Gifting Suites, Director’s Award Show, Makeup Symposium and the MTVu Oscar Correspondent competition all leading up to the big day on Sunday the 27th of February.
Watch out for this dynamic duo – they are coming to a red carpet near you soon!