Although we want to live GREEN year-round, Disney has created an awesome lineup to help celebrate Earth Day with the following programs for preschoolers, kids and tweens… although, I have to admit, I watch Disney programs (yeah, you do too, I know!).
On April 22nd the new Disney movie: Ocean’s also opens, which will be so exciting for me as I love the ocean (am a sailor) and from the previews can tell you this will be an amazing movie for you to watch with your family. (see below)
One more exciting new Disney program is the Friends for Change: Project Green with Joe Jonas (“JONAS”) and Demi Lovato (“Sonny With A Chance”) talking about the importance of protecting the planet’s oceans and waterways, will debut on Earth Day. Kids can add to the more than 1.5 million “Friends for Change “pledges” that have already been made by visiting Disney.com/ProjectGreen and committing to help local habitats.
This Weekend be Sure to Tune-In For These GREEN Disney Themed Shows!
SATURDAY, APRIL 17
· “Special Agent Oso” (8:00 a.m., ET/PT) – In “Recycling is Forever,” Oso helps Joshua recycle his family’s bottles, cans and paper.
· “Handy Manny” (8:30 a.m., ET/PT) – In “The Earth Day Challenge / Dario Dance,” with the help of Sheet Rock Hills mechanic, Gary (voiced by eco-crusader Dave “Sustainable Dave” Chameides), Manny and the tools replace Manny’s truck engine with a new environmentally-friendly electric motor, which they later submit as their entry for the “Sheet Rock Hills Earth Day Challenge.” Then Elliot (voiced by Lance Bass) teaches Mayor Rosa’s nephew Dario how to dance in time for the Earth Day dance in the park.
· “Imagination Movers” (10:00 a.m., ET/PT) – In “Power Play,” when the Movers realize they are using too much electricity and are almost out of power for the warehouse, they put several energy saving techniques to the test including solar panels, a water wheel and a windmill.
On Earth Day - You can also watch these Specials with your family. Be sure to remember the popcorn!
THURSDAY, APRIL 22
· Playhouse Disney will encore green-themed episodes of “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Handy Manny,” “Special Agent Oso,” “Imagination Movers” and “Jungle Junction” (8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., ET/PT).
· Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato star in two new Disney’s Friends for Change: Project Green spots stressing the importance of protecting the planet’s oceans and waterways (6:25 p.m. and 6:55 p.m., ET/PT). Throughout the evening Disney Channel will encore Disney’s Friends for Change: Project Green anthem “Make A Wave,” performed by Jonas and Lovato, which will also be featured in the upcoming Disneynature film “OCEANS,” opening in theaters Earth Day 2010.
· Disney Channel continues its Earth Day celebration with encore presentations of environmentally-themed episodes of hit series “Phineas and Ferb,” Hannah Montana,” “The Suite Life On Deck” and “Wizards of Waverly Place,” followed by an encore presentation of Disney Channel Original Movie “Minutemen” (6:00-10:00 p.m., ET/PT).
All Playhouse Disney series carry a TV-Y parental guideline. “Phineas and Ferb,” “Hannah Montana,” “The Suite Life on Deck,” “Wizards of
Waverly Place” and “Minutemen” carry a TV-G parental guideline.